Wednesday, October 31, 2012

31 = AWESOME!

Ok, so it's not quite the 31st of October yet, but it IS only 1 day away. And besides the number 31 is totally awesome. Not only is it the date of my birthday, but I just checked the followers list and now I finally have 31 followers! Thanks Stephen!!!!! You have no idea how long I've been waiting for that "30 followers" sidebar to creep up.
But I guess in the last couple of months there hasn't really been anything much worth following. So today I thought I'd do something different for a change, and post 31 reasons why YOU should keep on reading The Falling Movement!



1. There's usually photos to look at! Like this pretty sweet picture of a whole lot of 31's. Or 13's if you read them backwards....
I'd love to say that I was the insanely creative person who took these pictures and compiled them all together, but unfortunately I have to give all the credit to Google Images this time.

2. I can make a lot of average things sound interesting when I really want to. Even just talking about my day makes for a few good yarns usually.

3. I'm from New Zealand. 'Nuff said.

4.  Blogging is so much cooler than Facebook.

5. I have a fetish for writing lists (like the one you're reading now), which always seems to work well because it means I can say a whole lot of stuff and include numbers like 31. Actually, maybe not - this has probably been my longest list to date. But some of the others have been pretty decent - this one's a particular favorite: http://thefallingmovement.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/my-top-15-guitarists.html

6. One day I want to write for a living. And I think that's worth getting behind!!

7. I post slightly nerdy musical posts on occasion. If that's your thing, then there's another reason to stay! If not, keep scrolling and you're bound to find something you like!!!

8. On occasion I do spontaneous awesome random things, and chronicle the events Like for example I was supposed to be writing this post last night, but at 11.30 my mate messaged me on Facebook and was like "Hey, want to come to the beach?" So I ended up out at Himitangi at 1.30 under the light of a full moon walking across the sand, staring at squashed blowfish, doing the Gangam Style dance (or trying too), and almost getting "trapped" by a super big wave with 3 really good friends. It was such a good way of spending the night!!!!

9. One day soon, I'm going to post about zombies.

10. 31 followers can't be wrong!

11. I really, really, really like music. And I post about it heaps!!! In fact, it would be an interesting challenge to sift through my blog and find how many posts don't talk about/include the word music. Bet it would be a very small percentage!!!
Any takers?

12. Speaking of music, I've written some pretty rad music reviews about artists/albums. Here's a few of my best: Four, The xx, Valtari.

13. I get really excited about this cool band Imagine Dragons who are making a few waves in the music scene at the moment.... http://thefallingmovement.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/album-review-night-visions.html

14. Spontaneous rhyming: http://thefallingmovement.blogspot.co.nz/2011/04/mumerings-of-assent.html

15. One day I might just post up some short fictional tales. And that could be interesting.

16. Sometimes I start getting a bit deep and it's interesting to see what topics come out: love, running, other things....

17. God totally makes my life! And that's worth raving about in multiple posts.

18. There's totally enough links in this post alone for you to be reading for ages. And we're not even up to number 20 yet!!!

19. My blog is kind of like a "Message in a Bottle".
(Actually I only said that because I'm listening to The Police right now...)

20. If you don't keep reading, then this guys coming to get you!!
Haha I joke, I joke....


21.  As noted in the previous reason, I have quite a good sense of humour :D

22. I write songs and usually some, if not all, of the lyrics get posted up here. I love getting feedback from other bloggers about them, and it's just awesome being able to share my words and music with people in this extremely personal way. My best (so far) have been Symphony Of The Heart, Love is More Than This, and Breathe. For more, go into the LYRICS list in the sidebar! Check it out!

23. Speaking of songwriting, I wrote this awesome as BRAND NEW song last weekend, and the lyrics are definitely going to be posted up here in the next couple of days. Get excited!!!

24. The 25th reason is simply because this blog is awesome!

25. This blog is awesome!

26. The whole reason I changed my blog to it's current, awesome name is to promote this on-off side project I've got going called The Falling Movement music. The reason behind the title is because the words "falling" and "movement" have so much meaning and have been themes which run through both my life and my music.

27. And on occasion, music does get released! So far just one instrumental track has been put out onto the world wide web, the song in question found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxOGFh67Ss&feature=g-user-lik. But rest assured, there's more coming your way!



28. People from Alaska have read my blog! :O

29. I do try to dish up healthy servings of inspiration and meaning. Not just always blog about random stuff. Though that's always fun.

30. I stayed up till 12.12 writing this (wow what an exact time!) Now that's got to be worth at least one comment, if not three or four! Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaseeee? :)

31. 31 reasons weren't actually to hard to find (though I do apologize for 24 & 25, I got a bit tired there sorry) and that must mean we've got something good going on here!

Cheers for reading/ following guys!!!




2 comments:

Hannah M. said...

This blog IS awesome, I still read your stuff, Jords. LOOK, I'M COMMENTING TOO! WOOHOO! And I definitely want to read your short fictional stories. Nuff said.
And I'm from America... nuff said again.

Anonymous said...

i love your lists, but the deep stuff when you get into discussionon the fabric of life is awesome. And i'm from nz too.. Nuff said! :D