Sunday, September 11, 2011

Update

Thought it's about time for one!
Just going to share with you guys the songs we've been working on/writing in the last couple of months.

(This one is untitled...we still haven't decided on a name!)

The moments gone like we never had it/ It's gone with the wind/ These scars are bleeding/ For you

I've done a lot of things I didn't like/ Trying to stop my own demise/ Has it been only just to end up here to say

I'll do this again and again and again if I have to/ Can it end, can it end, can it end I can't find you/ I'll scream it over and over and over/ I've just got to let you know/ That losing is the hardest part of learning how to let go

It's hard to let go when you never had it/ Clench my fists at it all/ I need release these lungs are screaming/ For you

I've done this again and again and again cos I had to/ Now it ends, now it ends, it ends when I find you/ I'll scream it over and over and over/ Although you already know/ That losing is the hardest part/ Yet I let go
(c) copyright Mayday 2011

THE DAY EVERYTHING FALLS

It will be over, before you know it/ It will be over, it will be over/ And you'll just walk away/ Leave behind what once was broken/ Because this is the day/ When everything falls

All my dreams have shattered/ So I left them in the dust/ All my plans are over/ Theres nothing left to trust

Will I let this break me/ Or will I turn around/ Can I find the strength to stand up/ When the only way is down

Everything falls, everything crumbles/ Everything crashes, everything burns/ Nothing lasts forever nothing holds together/ Still a moment is better than no moment at all/ So this is the day, this is the day, this is the day/ When everything falls
(c) copyright Mayday 2011

Please comment if you prefer one or the other, or think they're both awesome, or even if you've got a title for the first one! We're open to suggestions!
Catch you all later,

Jordan

3 comments:

Invisible said...

these are amazing! some real deep stuff. I can't wait to hear them! Will I get to hear them?
Either way, its better then anything I've ever written!

thefallingmovement said...

thanks Invisible Sign! yeah those songs were both written at a real tough time in my life so they kind of echo the frustration and confusion i was feeling. haha OF COURSE you'll get to hear them! they're bound to come up whenever we have our next gig of any significant length!
haha thanks, but i'd say that points debatable :) your songs are awesome!

Jordan

mayday said...

I think they are both fantastic!
You could have written Everything Falls for me. But then we both know where it comes from. I hope I get to hear them performed. How about "Learning to Let go" or is that too staid?