Sunday, May 8, 2011

The song of my life:

If I have anything to say, it's all in this song. I had a sudden revelation late one night after talking to a friend. When I finally "got it". And by it I mean love. This song was the result. Hope you like it as much as I do! Please comment if you want to say anything about it!

LOVE IS MORE THAN THIS

If I asked the world what love is/ I'd get a lot of answers for such a simple question/ Would they all be wrong?

Cause a girl says this/ And a guy says that/ We've got different opinions/ So we'll leave it at that/ It's not some stirring song, it's not a radient glow/ Do you want to find out, or do you really know/ Do you wanna know?/ What love is

Hey girl do you really know what love is/ When you're only just sixteen/ Yet you think you know, you've got all the clothes/ And the makeup, it's another breakup/ Do you really know?/ Or are you just ready to go?

La la la la/ Love is more than this

Love is not quite what you think/ Not a poem scrawled in red ink/ If I asked the world in passing/ I'd get a lot of answers to the question I am asking/ If it was said and done would I get the right one?

Hey guy do you really know what love is/ When you're only just seventeen/ Yet you think you know, and you say it so/ Will you wake up, cause it's another break up/ Do you really know, or are you just ready to go?

There is no greater love than this/ To lay down your life for someone who needs it/ Even if you don't know who they are/ And it means so much more/ Than fairytale love, that isn't good enough/ To satisfy everything we are

Hey world do we really know what love is?/ When we're only just human/ Yet we think we know, and we say it so/ When will we wake up, or will we just break up?/ Do we really know, or are we just dying to know?

La la la la, Love is more than this
(c) copyright Mayday 2011

Best song I've ever written.

Jordan

9 comments:

Stevee Taylor said...

I have to say...that is brilliant! No, amazing! Totally love it!

beka said...

Bro this is sweet! Please sing it to me asap!

Hannah M. said...

I love love this, Jords! Brilliant!

purpleSoapsuds said...

WOW! dude, you have a gift!!!

Anonymous said...

Nana & I said.....
How great!! we love the lyrics - you have such a clever way with words. Looking forward to hearing the music!@!!

mayday said...

Thanks SO much guys! Your encouragement makes it so worthwhile! Beka - we fully intend to sing it to everyone! Including you!

naomi dutt said...

wow, those are some awesome lyrics! nice... :) congrats on the award!

Invisible said...

That is amazing! I love it! Incredible! Inspirational!

Amy said...

I wish I could write like you! This is a b-e-a-utiful song!!