Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Finally...

My first song of 2012 - nice little positive one too! Gotta love that happy ukulele sound!
Still needs a little work but I'm happy with the direction it's going....

I CAN'T SAY

She said "A penny for your thoughts"
I said "I'd give you a dollar if you told me yours"
Cause what's on my mind
Oh I just can't say

She said she'd tell a secret of hers
Only if I gave her mine first
Yeah but what's on my mind
Oh I just can't say

Secrets can eat you from the inside out
They chew you up then spit you out
Still what's on my mind
I just can't say

Maybe I can't say cos I don't know
Maybe I don't know cos I don't care
Well I guess she'll never know
Well I guess she'll never know

Yet she asks me what's on my mind;
Nothing girl, it changes all the time
She asks what's on my mind
And I can't say
(c) copyright Jordan Gowan 2012

Thoughts?
I'll be the first to admit it's not my best lyrical work, but hey, it was one o' clock in the morning, and I was tired. Either way, I'm just stoked I got something down! Bring on all the rest of 2012s songs!


2 comments:

Hannah M. said...

SAHJDAHDA, I LOVE THISSSSS.

Invisible said...

This is epic!!! very creative,sounds kinda quirky :P I love it!! Keen to hear it now :D