Thursday, December 20, 2012

Until the end of the world...

This month has gone by so fast. Feels like only just yesterday when I was finishing off at Ucol, but after tomorrow I'll have been at my job for 3 weeks! How crazy is that?
Unfortunately due to being so stupidly busy with working full-time again, shopping for Christmas, general flat stuff (doing dishes for 3 people takes longer than you'd think!) and trying to keep up the guitar practice, I've found that I haven't really haven't had much time to blog. And even now there's at least 5 things I could be doing instead of blogging: get rid of my hayfever, breaking into my flatmates room to steal back my phone charger, jamming the keyboard, drying the dishes, playing guitar....

On top of all this, I just remembered something.
Tomorrow it's the end of the world.
Supposedly.


While I think the whole idea of the world ending on the 21st December 2012 is laughable at best, at the same time I'm slightly hesitant to completely shrug it off.
Not that I believe in the whole "Mayan-calender-runs-out-and-we-all-die" thing.
But...
The thing is, we don't know when we're going to die. Really, any morning we could just not wake up and then it truly would be the end of the world for us. It even says this in the bible "There is a time to live, and a time to die." The problem is we don't know what time the second one's going to occur, and even if we did, it probably still wouldn't help us out at getting on with the first one.
So really, I can't say whether or not the world's going to end tomorrow, because I don't know. In my future, tomorrow I could wake up, go to work, get real exhausted and then have a great evening hanging out with Beka.
Then again, tomorrow maybe something else might happen.
It's funny thinking about the end of the world. Because by then only a very few people would have ever viewed this post, and all these words I spent ages typing up won't even matter anyway. Because there will be no internet to broadcast my messages to the world. And even if it miraculously survived, there'd be no civilization around to read it, so like many things before it, it would pass into obscurity.
It'd be lucky if it even survived to be turned into some sort of post-apocalyptic urban myth.

All I'm saying is until tomorrow, how will we ever know?

Personally though, I'm trusting in God that this planet continues to spin. There's not really much point in me spending all this time worrying about something that's completely unlikely to happen.
And I'm hoping. Hoping that the earth keeps going. Because I'm only 19 and there's so many things I want to do, and places I want to visit. I want to go to Italy, and visit Venice, the city of waterways. I want to jump out a plane with nothing but a parachute keeping me from a few tons of soil making my acquaintance. I'm pretty keen to write a hit single. I want people to hear my music and be moved by it. I'd like to get a girlfriend (I don't know how I'm still single haha). I would love to go on a missions trip and try seeing the world through different eyes. Touring the United States of America with my future band is on my bucket list.
Mostly though, I want to tell someone my story and for it to mean something to them.

World, please don't end tomorrow - I have to much to do.

Jordan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jords, i just want you to know how proud I am of you and how thankful that you're a part of our lives. Time and time again,partly because our lives are so twined, but mostly because of who you are, your story has moved me, given me insight, faith, hope, forgiveness. You've taught me lessons no school ever could, and you already have a legacy to be proud of. I do pray you get to do all those things, but if you don't, (& i don't believe it will be tomorrow either), know that the world has been a richer better place by having you in it. God bless son xoMe

Anonymous said...

Who's to say you can't visit Venice when your dead?

Hannah M. said...

Oh my goodness, how on earth did you know that THIS HAS BEEN WHAT I'VE BEEN THINKING FOR THE PAST WEEK?! God I have so much to do! Please don't let the Mayans be right!
But when I think about eternity, there is nothing I long for more. :)
I love your blog, Jords. Keep it real, bro. :)